What You'll Need:
- 1 cup almond meal/flour or hazelnut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened unsalted creamy almond butter room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup to taste
What You'll Do:
Add all of the ingredients for the pancakes to a blender and blend until smooth. (Note: The batter can turn out thick if your almond butter is very thick. Add more almond milk to the batter as needed).
Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-low and add enough coconut oil (or olive oil) to generously coat the surface. Once skillet is completely hot, measure out 1/4 cup of batter and pour onto the hot surface. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on one side, carefully flip, and cook 1 to 2 minutes other side, or until cooked through. Repeat for remaining batter (you can cook 3 to 4 pancakes at a time). Enjoy with almond butter on top!